Thursday 10 September 2015

The Pretty Poor Piña Problem

(This is what happens when you let someone else name your post, ha!)

Hola friends,

Pretty proud of myself for writing another post already! Hope you are all doing just fine :) I'll make this one a bit more snappy!

I'm almost at the end of my first ever week of full time work, who knew I'd make it through?! Sleepy is the word. The only awkward thing about that is that I had two days off before I even began, but how was I to know I'd get food poisoning?

From a pineapple.

Yes, it happened, let's move on.

(I can still hear you giggling, Kate, what a lovely little sister.)

Thankfully timing has been beautiful because the day before the erm, pineapple incident, I had to have a health check as part of the requirements for staying in the country. That all went smoothly, ish, I mean I did accidentally take my top off when I wasn't supposed to but you're always going to have a few mishaps when it comes to living life in a different language. I also had a lung x-ray which I was quite excited about, turns out I'm healthy/the x-ray has someone else's name on so maybe they're the healthy one? Either way, I'm all set for staying in the country.

So, in other news, I finally got myself a Bolivian phone and am absolutely winning because it came full of numbers (bit dodge, yep) so I have been presented with a great way of making new friends, just can't decide who to call first, there's Javier? Or maybe Carmen? Patricia?

Sunday was a great day, it was Día de Peatón which is basically pedestrian day, so nobody is allowed to drive cars and the streets were full of people cycling, wandering, playing games and just loving life, there were also loads of little stalls and just a lovely atmosphere. We very much need these in England I feel, anyone agree?



A few other little highlights from the past few days include:

-Going to the Cancha, the giant bustling market which I loveeeee and will be getting lost in more times than I care to think about.
-Discovering we have a roof terrace with barbecues on, oh yes! And you can see Jesus from up there, who doesn't want to see Jesus from their roof really?!
-Having some very funny conversations with taxi drivers and locals, yep they speak English in England, and no, I'm not a Mormon.
-Doing my first translations, wooooo.

View from the roof! 
View from other side of the roof!

I think I'll leave it there,

Lots of love,
Liza
x



No comments:

Post a Comment