Tuesday 3 September 2013

Привет!

...I made it! So strange to think that a flight less than 3 hours long can take you all the way to Russia, but alas, it did! St Petersburg is gorgeous (not that I've seen much of it) but absolutely huge, I'm starting to think I might never properly know my way around! I'm living with a lovely lady in her flat with a friend from uni and it's all going well (ish - can't say I understand half of what she's saying to us, but apart from being told off for not wearing slippers and then forgetting which flat we lived in everything is fine!) Started school the day after we arrived with a nice grammar test, just what I wanted, but lessons today went well, and only having to study for 3 hours a day isn't too shabby at all. It's not too cold here yet - I think it'll be a while before the sheepskin coat and snowboots make an appearance, but it certainly is quite cloudy and rainy so I feel right at home!
love, Лиза xxx




4 comments:

  1. Have a great time we love following you, take care, Bet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, unless my russian is failing me, is Liza your russian name now? Love your blog, reminds me of Mr Smith and russian lessons :) susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, yep Susan it's my Russian name (yay you can still read Russian!), I couldn't deal with being called 'Byet" for a year you see! Glad you like the blog, hope uni's going well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to take me to Russia and Spain one day and just show me around! I'm so jealous >< but i expect you to be practising your chinese too :p uni hasn't started yet but not long now. Look after yourself. P.s from now on, the only decent thing for me to do is call you Byet for the rest of your life. Lots of xxx from England. suz

    ReplyDelete