Monday 10 June 2013

Cochabamba

So, after a lot of flying (so much fun! Sat next to a guy I really recognised until I realised it was because he looked like Barack Obama, got very lost in Miami and met a lovely Bolivian lady who invited me to stay with her!) I'm now in Cochabamba! It is a gorgeous place, surrounded by mountains and the people are so friendly, also love the traditional dress, might get myself a new wardrobe at the markets. I spent yesterday getting to know the people I'm staying with and then had a little tour of the neighbourhood which is a really poor part of the city. Today I spent some time in the community centre which is incredible, it runs loads of projects including a pre-school, English lessons, a gym, a women's group, a youth group, a sports centre...so much! I also went into the city centre, had a traditional Bolivian pasty-style thing (yum) I already love it here and can't wait to help out with the centre. Hasta luego xx