Saturday 22 June 2013

"How old were you when you were little?"

Felt like it was time for a post, but not too sure what to write...a lot has been going on! This week I've helped out a lot more with the nursery class, they are all very cute and the question above from a 3-year-old made me laugh quite a lot! They always have a snacktime and bring in some nibbles, but (refer to previous post title) this does mean that I have numerous children running up to me offering me food and am never sure what to do! In Cochabamba it is quite rude to decline food, and I have learned that even if you do decline, you will normally end up eating it anyway! I was at a couple's house the other day and politely refused a cup of coffee, which then came to me anyway, I also said no to sugar which was then poured on into my mug! But everyone is so lovely that all is good! This week I've helped teach some women to make pizza from scratch, it was a lot of fun and most of them hadn't eaten pizza before (this was probably a good thing for me as they had nothing to compare it to!). English classes are going well I think, I'm starting to realise that it is not a fun language to learn, but alas, I hope they're enjoying it. This week I also went to a breakfast meeting, I was quite saddened to see that there was no food when I arrived, but then after a lottttt of talking (and a teeny bit of sleeping on my part) I was pleasantly surprised to see food coming my way. It was around 11am, and we were served chicken, beef, rice and chips...incredible. No need to eat anything else that day! Yesterday was a bank holiday so we travelled out into the countryside to a lake where people were fishing with homemade rods (very cool) and ate fish (not often eaten in Bolivia as there is no sea!) yum. I've also been up to see the Jesus statue which was fun, and earlier we went to a little market. This place is lovely.

View from inside Jesus!
..Jesus!



Fishing at the lake

One(!) of the banana stands at the market

Pizza making!